Clinical Training Program in Imago Relationship Therapy
For psychotherapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, marriage and family therapists seeking expertise in couples’ therapy
The training program consists of three modules of 4 days each, 9.00am to 5.30pm, followed by 6 months of clinical supervision to a required level of competence for certification. The modules must be attended in sequence.
If you are unsure of how to work effectively with couples then this is the course for you.
By the end of this Couples Counselling Training you will be confident to work with any couple that walks through your door and you will give the couples that work with you a positive, life changing experience that moves them towards connection and growth.
Putting theory into practice
A tremendous amount of support
Encouraged and supported
Confident to work with couples again
Imago is about exploring the issues in a constructive manner
Brought out the best in us
To witness the new connection is immense
- Attendance at a 'Getting the Love You Want' couples workshop
- You need to be a practicing therapist or counsellor
- Membership of UKCP or an equivalent nationally recognised regulating body with standards of training, supervision and ethics will be required in order for you to qualify at the end of the course
What you can expect from the training
- A deep theoretical understanding of couple relationships which serves as a map to guide your interventions – why we pick the partners we do, why we have the conflicts we have, and what to do to move into the joy that is our essence
- Practice in developing skill in facilitating couples, holding them gently and firmly in new ways of connecting through the Imago dialogue processes, deepening their empathic connection, and empowering them to heal their relationship
- A personal growth experience that will quite possibly impact your own personal and professional relationships, your way of working with all your clients and your way of being in the world
- A sense that couple therapy can be fun and enlivening for you and your clients
Imago Relationship Therapy is a research-supported, systematic theory of relationship therapy developed by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., author of 'Getting the Love you Want: a Guide for Couples', and Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D. IRT powerfully synthesises major aspects of depth psychology, object relations, systems theory and humanistic-existential theory into a comprehensive approach to working with relationships.
How much does the course cost?
The course itself costs £1800 which is paid as a £300 deposit then 3 payments of £500 for each of the units before they start.
You will also need to have attended a 'Getting The Love You Want' couples workshop and have 6 supervision sessions after the training.
Pay simply with our easy payment plan
We now offer a payment package to cover all of the costs of the training in one monthly payment.
the payment covers:
- One place for a couple at the 'Getting The Love You Want' workshop
- The full price of the 12 day training
- The 6 supervision sessions required before qualification
- The fee for one video assessment which leads to qualification.
This is a simple way to pay for everything you need to do to become a fully qualified couples therapist.
Over 18 months (latest sign up 1st April 2020) = £160 per month
Over 12 months (latest sign up 1st Oct 2020) = 240 per month
To pay this way please contact us by clicking here and filling in the form.
Venue: The Affinity Centre Cheadle. Click here for location details
Module 1 - Monday 16th to Thursday 19th November 2020
Module 2 - Monday 8th to Thursday 11th February 2021
Module 3 - Monday 26th to Thursday 29th April 2021
Time: 9.00am - 5.30pm each day