Couples intensives are available with Ian Tomlinson at The Affinity Centre Cheadle. They are for couples who want to make significant changes in their relationship quickly.
The intensive is run over two days and takes the following format:
- Where are we now? Assessment of the current situation
- The Relationship Vision - how do we want our relationship to be?
- Learning the Imago Dialogue skill - a path to connection
- Theory on negativity and the brain
- The Zero negativity pledge
- The Appreciation Dialogue
- Daily relationship practices that bring you closer
- Dialogue on what might get in the way of connection
- Understanding the childhood roots of current conflicts
- Replacing criticism with requests
- Commitment to change - putting the plan into action
The cost of the Intensive is £1600. You will work with Ian from 9.30am until 5pm for each of the two days with an hour for lunch at 1pm. There will be breaks in the morning and afternoon with refreshments provided at the centre.
Ian Tomlinson PTSTA (P)
Ian is an Advanced Imago Relationship Therapist, Workshop Presenter and Faculty Candidate. He has worked with couples for many years, delivers the "Getting The Love You Want" Couples workshop with his partner, Joanna Groves, and trains other therapists in couples therapy and Imago Relationship Therapy. He is the Director of The Affinity Centre.
Ian is passionate in his work with couples and the impact that Imago Relationship Therapy can have on the dynamic between them. He has written extensively on Imago Relationship Therapy on this and other websites.