Requirements for Participating in the Imago Clinical Training
In order to take part in this training you will:
- Have attended an Imago couples workshop or a Keeping The Love You Find workshop, presented by a certified Imago Workshop Presenter, before the start of the training, if possible. If not, before certification.
- Have a diploma or certification recognized in the area of psychotherapy or counselling.
- Belong to a recognized professional organization such as UKCP or BACP with standards of professional ethics, training and supervision.
- Have experience working with couples or a desire to work with couples.
- Be willing to do personal work to grow yourself as a therapist and a person.
- Commit to paying for and attending all 12 days of the training.
Requirements during the training to become a Certified Imago Therapist
- Complete all 12 days of the Imago Clinical Training. Any hours missed due to particular circumstances must be made up, possibly at additional expense to the trainee.
- Participate actively in small group and dyad work, including personal growth work.
- Read all the required material.
- Bring video recordings of extracts of your Imago work with couples for supervision
- Participate in supervision with an Imago Faculty member or Clinical Consultant, either once a month for six months for individual supervision, or some agreed upon equivalent such as group supervision, during which the trainee will present at least 4 videos of their clinical work with couples.
- After the 12 days of training, participate as an assistant at an Imago couples workshop, presented by a certified Imago Workshop Presenter.
- Submit two written reports of approximately 1 - 2 pages each outlining your experience of integrating Imago personally and professionally, with particular reference to your own growth edges, as identified during the training. To be submitted 3 months and 6 months after completion of the 12 days of training.
- Present a final video of an acceptable standard for certification and participate in an exit interview. This may be viewed by the Clinical Instructor or by another member of the Imago faculty.
- Pay all fees in full by the designated dates.
Certification as an Imago Relationship Therapist is awarded when all the requirements have been satisfactorily completed and accepted by the Instructor.
Payments not including clinical supervision:
- £300 deposit payable to Ian Tomlinson at time of registration
- £1500 training fee for 12 days of clinical training payable to Ian Tomlinson 3 weeks before start of training.
- By signing this contract you acknowledge that you are paying for a place on the course and not attendance. Should you decide not to attend any of the training, the entire fee for the training is still payable as you have taken a place on the course that cannot then be offered to another.
- Up to 3 months before the start of the training the deposit will be refunded minus £120 administration fee.
- Less that 3 months prior to training, no refund of deposit.
- No course fees will be refunded once the course has begun. If you choose not to attend your training fee will not be refunded.
- In exceptional circumstances your place on the course may be deferred on one occasion to the next course.